Microsoft’s MSI technology has assisted many organizations and IT Pros well over the years, providing a standard for application customization deployment.
With the technology evolution brought on by cloud and containerization, the old MSI technology needs an upgrade.
In this two-part series Flexera brings on industry experts, Bob Kelly, Tim Mangan and Rod Trent to discuss firsthand everything MSIX - including how it fits into the current tech environment and how to make the transition to modern application customization and deployment a breeze.
Webinar Part I: The Future of Software Packaging
In Part I you will learn:
- The promise of MSIX
- MSIX Package makeup
- How to work with MSIX files
- Limitations and how to work around them
Webinar Part II: Delivering MSIX Packages Using Modern Distribution Technologies
In Part II of this Webinar series Tim Mangan and Bob Kelly will have an in-depth discussion on the various deployment and publishing technologies available for MSIX packages.
In Part II you will learn:
- Highlights of Part I: MSIX - The Future of Software Packaging
- Options available in deploying and publishing MSIX Packages
- Microsoft Store
- Store for Business/Education
- Config Manager
- Pre-deployment in imaging
- Caveats in Deployment
- The MSIX Container
- Understanding the Package Support Framework
- Ask the Experts
Manager, Product Management
CEO, Chief Community Geek