Flexera is recognized as a Representative Vendor in the 2023 Gartner Market Guide for Software Asset Management Tools
According to Gartner, "SAM [software asset management] tools aim to decipher the complex and ever-changing world of license and SaaS management, leading to organizations having a diverse set of SAM tool requirements. Sourcing, procurement and vendor management leaders can use this research to select the right tools to support their SAM strategy."
The Market Guide key findings also suggest that:
- The plethora of legacy perpetual licenses and the accelerated adoption of SaaS and ephemeral infrastructure have left SPVM leaders struggling to select a single SAM tool or a collection of specialized point solutions.
- Organizations that see SAM tools as a “silver bullet” don’t truly understand the complexity of SAM as a combination of tooling, highly skilled resources and effective processes. So these organizations continue to struggle to obtain accurate and actionable data out of SAM tools.
- Economic headwinds and the need for strategic cost optimizations have placed cost governance as a priority for SPVM leaders. However, siloed functions and SAM tools delivering partial information hinder achieving cost governance, putting SAM teams and their tools at risk of being sidelined.
In this Market Guide, you’ll find:
- An in-depth market analysis of SaaS spend and SAM trends
- A strategy framework for selecting a SAM tool, plus an overview of the SAM tool market
- A list of Representative Vendors for the SAM market, including Flexera
- Recommendations for selecting the right tool to support your SAM initiative
- And more
Read the Market Guide to discover which SAM tool fits your IT needs and to develop a broader SAM strategy for your organization.
*Gartner, Market Guide for Software Asset Management Tools, Jaswant Kalay, Ciaran Hudson, Yolanda Harris, 3 October 2023.