Key figures and facts on vulnerabilities from a global information security perspective
2022 was a busy year for cybersecurity. A record-breaking number of security advisories were published, and many significant vulnerabilities were the cause of data breaches, ransomware attacks and other types of threats.
Top 3 most critical vulnerabilities:
- Log4Shell/Log4j (CVE-2021-44228), even with its disclosure in December 2021 , many organizations are still struggling to identify and patch the vulnerability.
- Spring4Shell (CVE-2022-22965), still many systems remain unpatched despite the risk.
- ProxyNotShell (CVE-2022-41040 and CVE-2022-41082) in Exchange.
This report includes:
- Data from Flexera Secunia Research, that monitors the most third-party applications and operating systems, while testing, verifying and rescoring the vulnerabilities reported in them
- Global trends and insights that enable you to understand the vulnerability landscape and devise strategies to secure what matters for your business